OpEd Opinions, Letters, and Blogs I've written
These are opinions expressed about events of the world, America, The Pacific
Northwest, Oregon, Portland, maybe even Southwest Portland. Maybe even my own
- Mountain Bikes don't belong in Natural Areas
- Mountain Bikes are an intrusion on wildlife habitats, and they disturb the peace and quiet local natural areas offer to humans who visit them.
- A Case Against Mountain Biking in Natural Areas
- Single track high-speed downhill flow trails for Mountain Bikes don't belong in protected natural areas.
- The Battle for Our Public Lands
- The Über conservative (eg Tea Party) and über wealthy (eg Koch Bros) are makin' a grab for public lands, using every trick in the book.
- Will Mountain Bikers Overwhelm Protected Natural Areas?
- Droves of Mountain Bikers (MTBs) may be coming soon to a natural area near you, if their lobbyists prevail.
- Portland Tribune Editorial on the RVNAMP
- Portland reservoir pee math works out in City Hall's favor: Guest opinion
- April 24, 2014
With one act of public urination, a recent high school graduate stimulated more math and logic activity than the organizers of Math Awareness Month ever could have hoped.
I started a Blog on Blogger in response to a challenge in the Oregonian - everybody should create a blog.
It's called World Remixed, TOWARD AN ORGANIC WORLD MODEL.
- On Timberline Lodge
- May 2005
Prepared for the 50th anniversary of RLK Company.
- Some Civic Brainstorming
- October ~12, 2002
Comments submitted to Oregonian. (I don't recall is it was published.)
- Regional Transportation Plan
- November 16, 1999
Comments submitted to Metro.
- The South/North light rail alignment
- June 1998
Use people movers instead of crossing Willamette twice.
- May 1998
Letter to President Clinton following the shootings at Springfield High School
- Gasoline is a Drug
- September 1990
An OpEd I wrote about the evils of petrol. Printed in Oregonian.
Back to John Miller's Home Page